I'm not so fat, but I'm definitely not PHAT! Good thing my husband loves me!
I am not an exerciser, and have never been. I have lofty goals when it comes to that.
I'm comfortable sharing this information now: My max weight was 150 pounds. Not too bad, but it is when you're only 5'5" tall. It's hard living in a world where the only female bodies the public sees are gorgeous, cellulite free, 5 foot 10 blonde women with not a flaw on their bodies. Isn't it understandable why a woman, who "lost" her body at age 19 would have a low self esteem when it comes to her body?
I am open with my kids. I want to make sure they know what normal really is. I'm not inappropriately open, just honest. I think I owe it to my daughters to have a realistic view of what they might look like someday, and to let my son see that it's okay for a woman to not be the world's definition of perfect. I think that aspect is what is most important to me. He sees my husband, his father, love me the way that I am. I hope when his wife has a baby and has gained a little weight and has a few stretchmarks that that's okay because she looks like that for him, for their children, and for herself.
I'll start keeping my blog more up to date. It is almost the beginning of another year, after all. I've got new goals to set, I've got new resolutions to make!
Oh, as for the 150, I'm 150 no more! With careful eating and conscious planning, I've lost 15 pounds. And it came off pretty quickly. I lost 12 in about a month, gained back 7, then lost 9. Not too shabby, I'd say!